Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Squares

A dear friend shared this recipe with me many years ago and it has become a favorite.  I decorate them for the season to make them more festive.

Chocolate PB Bars

1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
1 cup melted margarine

Combine all of the above and pat into a 9x13" pan

Melt 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips with 2 TBLS Crisco shortening

Spread chocolate over the peanut butter mix.



While the chocolate is still soft and starting to lose its shine, score the chocolate.  If you wait until it sets the chocolate may crack.


I found this decorating kit on the baking isle of the grocery store.  I bought several so I can have different colors of frosting ready to use without rinsing and changing the tips.  It was $3.99!  Tip, turn the top of the bag down before filling to keep the frosting from getting on the outside edge.  The bag is easily washed with hot water.


I piped some frosting on top and added a piece of candy corn for color.  At Christmas I put a wreath or holly on each square.

Omaha Steak boxes work well for storing and freezing the cookies.  They are just the right depth to keep the decorated cookies from being crushed and they stack well in the freezer.  Just line them with plastic wrap to pull up and over the cookies and cover loosely.  I keep and reuse my boxes.  Label the end of the box and date. 

This recipe freezes well for about 3 months.  No need to refrigerate when serving.

Comments

Popular Posts