Lemon French Cream Recipe- A Holiday Treat

This has been one of my all time favorite cookie bar recipes for the holidays.  I cut them in small squares about the size of a piece of fudge.  Because I usually have about 14 different cookies for my holiday buffet, I make them all smaller than I would if I were just serving a couple of choices.  That allows sampling of as many as one wants.

I also use a decorator tip and make holly leaves and red berries on top of each square.  You can serve them in candy paper cups or just place on a pretty plate. 

The recipe originally used instant French vanilla pudding, but I really like the lemon flavor.

Lemon French Creams
Crust
½ cup butter
¼ cup white sugar
2 eggs
4 TBLSP cocoa powder
Put the ingredients above in a small sauce pan and heat, stirring constantly, until the butter is melted.
Stir in:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
¾ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup shredded coconut
Pat in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. 
Filling, beat together with mixer:
¼ cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 TBLSP dry instant lemon pudding (for variety, try using instant lemon pudding)
3 TBLSP milk
Spread over the crust.
Topping:
Melt 12 oz chocolate chips with 2 TBLS Crisco shortening.  Stir until smooth.  Spread over the filling. 
Do NOT refrigerate while the chocolate sets.  Score the top before it is completely set up to avoid cracking the chocolate.  When set, cut into squares. 
After cutting, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time. Freeze these for up to three months.

Comments

Popular Posts