An Easy Meal for Busy Days

When I was growing up, my mother used to make a meal she called "Hobo Dinners."  I loved the aroma of them cooking in the oven.  Once I had a family of my own, I found myself making them and the kids loving them.  There is no mess and no clean up!

Hobo Dinners (Serves 4)

Start with a large square of heavy duty aluminum foil for each serving.  Place with the dull side up.  Pull up the corners to the center to form a bowl shape.  I spray the inside with a little non-stick spray.

Cut 4 medium potatoes into 1/8 inch slices, placing one potato in each foil bowl.
Salt and pepper to your taste

Top with a slice or two of onion

Form four patties out of 1 1/4 pounds of hamburger (80/20 has the best flavor in this dish) and make them about 1/2 inch thick

Place the meat on top of the onion and once again, add salt and pepper

Drain one can of corn and divide among the pouches, placing on top of the meat

Pull the pouches up like a Hobo's knapsack and pinch tightly

Place on a large cookie sheet and bake 45 minutes at 400 degrees

Open the pouches carefully to let the steam out.

If you want to you can eat them from the foil or place on a dish.

Hope this recipe helps take some stress out of a busy day!

Comments

Popular Posts