Fall Salisbury Steak is Easy to Make




My mother-in-law gave me this recipe many years ago.  It has remained a favorite.  A friend suggested I share this on my blog; it is one of my frequently requested recipe.  It is easy to make, can be prepared ahead or baked and reheated.  It freezes well and is an inexpensive recipe that serves six.

I have made this into small meatballs and served it on toothpicks for parties.  Mashed potatoes or rice are a perfect side dish.



Lela's Salisbury Steak

2 cans of Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup (do not use low sodium or "heart healthy")
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef, 90% lean
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal, well rounded
1 egg (don't use a jumbo egg)

Put 1/3 of a can of undiluted soup in a 2 quart bowl.  Save the rest of the soup.  Mix the remaining ingredients with the soup.  Form into 6 oval patties, about 1/2 inch thick.  Place in a 9x13" pan. At this time you can refrigerate for a 1-2 hours, until ready to place in the oven.  I love recipes like that because I can clean up the kitchen before dinner.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  Remove from the oven and drain any juices from the pan.  Mix the remaining soup with 1 1/2 cans of water until smooth.  Pour over the steaks and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.

They can be frozen after baking if desired.

I like to serve this with  fresh mashed potatoes and a vegetable and rolls.

This is a perfect and hearty meal for a Fall or Winter day.  Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts